Getting Started in the Cloud
This workshop walks you through setting up your own AWS account to run your own HPC workloads. You learn how to navigate the AWS Management Console, access relevant services, and how to deploy a basic infrastructure.
Specifically, you learn how to:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and explore it.
- Launch AWS Cloud9, a cloud based IDE, this is your portal to the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI).
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance and SSH into it.
- Upload and download a file using Amazon S3 object storage and the AWS CLI.
- Look at AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) and attach an IAM role to an EC2 instance.